How Do I Choose Quarterly Return in GST?
Get your GST return filing done every month and every year at the lowest price in India.
The new return system has come into effect from July 2019 on a trial basis. Thus, the procedure for filing GST return is simple. This procedure will be implemented in full fledged from April 2020 onwards as against earlier October 2019. Some of the new features introduced in the new return system are simple return forms for small taxpayers, real-time availability of input invoice details, and amendment of returns, etc.
In May 2019, a prototype of the offline tool was shared on the GST portal to give users a look and feel of the tool. The look and feel of the offline tool is similar to the online portal.
How do I change or choose a Quarterly return type for GST?
According to the latest requirement of the GSTN, every taxpayer should visit http://GST.gov.in. And they should also select the option whether they need to file ‘quarterly returns’ or ‘monthly returns’.
Tax payers having an annual turnover less than Rs 1.5 crores can opt for ‘quarterly’ filing of returns.
Follow these steps to complete this process, which is mandatory for all the taxpayers:
- Log-in to the http://www.gst.gov.in
- Click on ‘Return Dashboard’
- Select year and month
- If you expect your annual turnover to be less than Rs 1.5 crores for the FY 2019, then select ‘Yes’. For filing of returns, select ‘Yes’ if you wish to opt for ‘Quarterly’ filing of returns.
- If you expect your annual turnover to exceed Rs 1.5 crores for the FY 2019, then select ‘No’. Then you will file returns ‘Monthly’.
- This needs to be done for every GSTIN individually.
Here is a collection of the quarterly returns before filing:
- Quarterly frequency 4 times per year.
- Depending on what information is to be declared, quarterly fileholders can choose between Sahaj, Sugam, and Normal types of returns.
- From the 23rd to 25th of the month following the relevant quarter
- As a supply recipient, credit may be received on documents uploaded by the supplier until the 10th of the month following the relevant quarter. This gives a supplier more time to file any missing price lists for the first 2 months of the quarter.